eHealth Forum week was between 12 and 14 May and our iUZers Isabel Cruz and Marcelo Fonseca, had the opportunity to participate at the event, that took place at Megaron Mousikis, in Athens – Greece.
The event consisted in three intensive days of talks, networking and a busy agenda, where the hot topics were innovation partnerships, “wearable tech” applications, and ePrescriptions, among others.
During the different conference talks the European Commission Vice-President, Neelie Kroes, responsible for the Digital Agenda, said that to be able to promote innovation in Europe, companies need “a shift in mind-set. Having new tools, devices and apps is one thing. Integrating them across the health system, large-scale, is another. It takes effort and dedication – and the will to change” (Source: eHealth Forum newsletter).
In the last day of the event, Yannis Rizopoulos from Tech Talks Central interviewed our CEO Isabel Cruz. Tech Talks Central is a web radio specialised in covering all the hot topics and trends in the technological field that has collaborated with eHealth Forum organisation to broadcast during the event.
In her interview, Isabel talked about iUZ participation in:
- epSOS project, such as, the Industry Team, OpenNCP, what it takes to be part of an interoperability project, as well as, what is the hard part in participating in a large-scale project
- PNPSO (Portuguese National Program for Promotion of Oral Healthcare) – such as, dental-vouchers, relevant numbers, among other things
- uEDC (Electronic Data Capture) – explaining that this solution supports clinical research and works directly with CRO – Clinical Research Organisations
- In the end, Yannis Rizopoulos asked Isabel her opinion about what should be Europe’s vision for eHealth in 10 to 20 years from now.
Listen to her responses through the podcast shared by Tech Talks Central.
In addition, also in the last day of the event, Marcelo Fonseca participated in the Industry Team and Open Source Community Workshop chaired by Juergen Wehnert, Gematik mbH (Germany) and Dr. Alexander Berler, Industry Team Steering Committee (Greece). Marcelo and Konstantin Hyppönen (also from the OpenNCP Community) talked about OpenNCP technical architecture and use in a real pilot environment. Both covered questions about:
- Technical design of epSOS services
- Use and implementation of IHE profiles
- Semantic components
- Security Services
- Development tools used
- Integration and testing strategies
- Their experiences of using and developing OpenNCP
Tell us your thoughts about this type of events or Isabel and Marcelo participation, in the comments.
(Image: eHealth Forum 2014 press releases; Podcast: Tech Talk Central)